Norsafe Munin S-1200 Open
The design and construction of the open Munin S1200 meets the need for reliable, low maintenance standby and operation. The boat is designed to operate away from land based installations or mother ship for extended periods of time, with sufficient range for long time operation.
A large walk around cabin provides a protected and comfortable environment for crew and passengers. Seats are purpose built with shock absorbing capabilities to provide comfort, and are equipped with 4-point safety belts.
The layout of the boat allows it to perform a broad range of duties as ambulance transport, navy patrol, light combat, police and security patrol, dive support, inspection, border patrol, anti-drug intervention and survey and work boat duties.
Hull and deck
The Munin S1200 is fabricated with multi axial hybrid kevlar reinforced vinylester (GRP) and divinycell sandwich. Longitudinal box stiffeners and transverse bulkheads provide structural strength. The hull is a two stepped deep-V type with transom, providing optimal sea keeping ability at all speeds and in all conditions.
A heavy duty polyethylene fender protects the hull by absorbing impacts. The foam fender is protected by a double skin of reinforced PVC, secured with sail tracks at gunwale and chine level. The deck has an anti-slip surface. Lifelines and grab handles are fitted on the gunwale and cabin sides.
- The high speed patrol craft is fitted with twin or triple inboard engines and suitable surface drives, with the following features:
- Electrical starter with two independent batteries for each engine
- Fresh water engine cooling with heat exchanger to seawater cooling
- Fuel tanks located forward of the engines and filled through fittings on the cabin side
- Engine shut off system in case of capsize, provided by mercury switches
- Engine air intakes designed to prevent water ingress in case of capsize
- Wet exhaust system, with outlet at the transom, which expels water from the seawater engine cooling system
|Boat type||Patrol / Interceptor|
|Boat material||Vacuum infused fire retardant GRP|
|Engine(s)||3x Mercury Verado 400R|
|LOA (length, m)||12,4|
|BOA (width, m)||3,5|
|Dry Weight (kg)||TBA|
|Capacity PAX||12 (RCD)|
|Optional engines||Gasoline inboard or diesel inboard|
|Optional Drivelines||Waterjet, surface drives or stern drives|
Each craft is built and equipped according to customer’s requirements.
Weight and speed may vary with different propulsion and equipment.
Read more about the Munin S-1200 Open here