SEAL Carrier is an 8-man swimmer delivery vehicle designed for the covert insertion and extraction of combat diver units.
Example applications for a SEAL Carrier include:
- Delivery of 6-man combat team
- Host platform for autonomous underwater vehicles
- Remotely operated weapons platform
- Harbour patrol vessel
- Rapid-response anti-piracy craft
- Mine countermeasure operations
- A built in breathing system adds extra safety for the divers and enables an extended underwater range
- Several quick mounts for a variety of weapon systems transforms the craft in to a combat craft
On board sensors and navigation systems work together to provide safe transit and accurate positioning day and night, above or below the surface of the water, regardless of vehicle speed or environmental conditions.
In addition to divers and their personal equipment, SEAL Carrier accommodate additional mission equipment such as sensor and radio equipment, ammunition and explosives, survival equipment and supplies. For operations requiring extended range, the craft can carry additional fuel stored in a separate fuel tank or additional battery packs.
Read more about the SEAL Carrier here